Crepes with Homemade Whipped Cream
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour (gluten free is OK)
- 1 cup milk (almond, soy, etc are OK)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- butter or spray oil for pan
- Combine all ingredients except pan-coating oil or butter in blender. Blend until completely smooth, with no lumps of flour. The consistency should be like heavy cream.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and coat with a light layer of oil or butter. Use a paper towel to distribute it evenly, and wipe excess.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup of batter into the center of the skillet (it will be four to five inches in diameter). Immediately begin to slowly and gently swirl the batter to create a larger, thinner circle.
- Cook until the bottom is solid enough to be flipped (about 15 seconds). Flip and cook other side 15 seconds.
- Remove from skillet and serve immediately, or cover with a clean dishtowel and add more crepes to the serving plate.
You can store the batter in the refrigerator for three days. I make a batch every three days. We cook four crepes for breakfast every morning!